Year 7 Test Summative Quizzes
Start tracking and reporting students' progress on what matters most for GCSE: the Assessment Objectives (AO). The Tests contain enough high-quality questions to assess students' understanding of all 25 key concepts in Year 7, for AO1 (recall), AO2 (apply) and AO3 (analyse).
Why get the Tests?
- Precise questions to target understanding of science ideas, enquiry and maths skills
- Each test assesses AOs in same proportions as GCSE
- Similar format to GCSE exams – students can practice exam technique from the start of year 7
- Provides powerful assessment data that tracks progress
To give an accurate indication of students' progress, the questions are based on the same assessment objectives as GCSE and are in the same proportion (AO1:40%, AO2:40%, AO3: 20%)
Each test is:
- Write-on test paper
- Questions ramped in terms of demand
- Mix of question styles that match GCSE: scaffolded to long answer format
- Questions utilise GCSE science command words
- Answer sheet with AO and knowledge assessed for each question
- Delivered in pdf format
The AO proportions for GCSE science are: AO1 40%, AO2 40%, AO3 20%
Each Mastery Science test contains 15 marks broken down into:
- Acquire (AO1) 40% (6 marks)
- Split into: 25% understanding (4 marks), 15% ‘knowledge in isolation’ (2 marks)
- Apply (AO2) 40% (6 marks)
- Analyse (AO3) 20% (3 marks)
- Scientific enquiry 40% (6 marks)
- Maths 10-30% (1-5 marks)
Mastery Science tests provide a detailed breakdown of understanding.
Data shows precisely how each student is performing at each AO, science idea and skill.