Blueprint Key Concept maps
Blueprint creates a pathway towards expert knowledge in all 13 Big Ideas of secondary science. The new Key Concept maps show the learning progression for each Big Idea, to help you build stronger foundations of knowledge.
Why use the maps?
- Check if your existing plan has progression across years
- Check if your existing plan has progression within years
- Clarify the foundations on which new concepts build
- Identify related concepts to help students connect them
- Choose prior concepts to pre-assess and review
How were the maps designed?
- Expert knowledge organised around Big Ideas
- Key Concepts are explanatory ideas to help students apply
- Big Ideas are revisited often to minimise forgetting
- Progressions follow the available research
- Earlier concepts are more descriptive and qualitative
- Later concepts are more theoretical and mathematical
The activity is delivered as an editable PowerPoint file. After you checkout, you will see a download link on the confirmation page. You will also receive an email with the link to download it.
+ free Christmas gift: a copy of the Cells chapter from the new WOW SCIENCE year 7 textbook to arrive in early January. Max 1 per customer.