How to Apply: Particle Model (Y7)
This companion to the Practice Books will improve your ability to solve AO2 questions at GCSE. Through video, review questions and practice sheets, the course will deepen your knowledge of the particle model and show you how to apply it to unfamiliar situations.
"The videos are particularly clear and the visuals are very useful for students who struggle to make abstract leaps" Teacher review
Benefits of the course
- Learn at your own pace with regular feedback
- Step-by-step help to use the Practice Book independently
- Teaches Detect, Recall and Solve strategies for problem-solving
- Improve understanding of the science ideas with clear video explanations
- Guided practice with fill-in answers and template sheets
Preview the course
What the course contains
The course is divided into 4 sections:
- Check understanding: diagnostic questions and follow-up videos
- Example problem: step-by-step explanations of the Detect, Recall and Solve strategies
- Guided questions: worksheets with 'partial problem solving' and a template to make the first question easy
- Your turn questions: Practice questions for students to try with hints and answers.
Each section is divided into mini-lessons with a short, clear task. Once students have worked through all the lessons, they get a certificate of completion.
After you buy the course, you will receive an email with your account details to access the course webpage.
When you click on the course link, you will be taken to the learning platform which hosts the course, called 'Thinkific'. You create an account, pay for the course, and then you will get automatic access.
The course is designed to last around 1 hour. You can start the course, leave it and then resume it at the same point at another time. You have 3 months after you purchase the course to complete it.
The platform we use works with any modern web browser. Students need to be able to open pdf documents to do the assignments. To do written questions they ned to open and edit the Word documents or print them.
The course is hosted on 'Thinkific', a commercial platform. Students need to ask their parents or guardians for permission to use the online course platform. Parents may use their own email address to create an account. The only data stored is the email and name. We will not use this data for any other purpose than providing information about the online course.