Apply Thinking Guide
Use the latest theory-grounded approach! The FREE Apply Thinking Guide will help students learn to apply knowledge and tackle complex unfamiliar questions. It scaffolds the cognitive processes which research shows good problem-solvers use.
Why use the thinking guide?
- Model your thinking for solving worked examples step-by-step
- Helps students learn a thinking strategy for apply questions
- Reduce cognitive load so students learn more from worked examples
- Creates a habit of attacking questions rigorously
- Helps students reflect after trying a problem to improve their approach
How to use the thinking guide
- Adapt it to any problem type by editing the stages.
- Add scaffolding to the template for difficult problems
- Edit the checklist to give ‘metacognitive’ advice
- Provide model answers for students to use in problem solving
- Get students to compare written answers and give feedback
The activity is delivered as an editable PowerPoint file. After you checkout, you will see a download link on the confirmation page. You will also receive an email with the link to download it.
+ free Christmas gift: a copy of the Cells chapter from the new WOW SCIENCE year 7 textbook to arrive in early January. Max 1 per customer.