Blueprint Year 7
Year 7 unit planners are now published and free to download. A draft of Year 8 will be published by Friday 20th July.
Blueprint is a free 5-year, big ideas plan which aligned with the new demands of GCSE science. Why use it?
- It's better preparation for GCSE assessment objectives AO2 and AO3
- It joins KS3 and GCSE with a proper progression that removes repetition
- It helps you teach and practice thinking processes, enquiry and maths
- It's more engaging, with contexts and applications of science
Blueprint takes the form of:
- Structure of the 5-year plan (year 7-11)
- Organisation of 45 units in big idea strands
- Key concept sequence for physics, chemistry and biology
Year 7 unit planners with learning goals:
- 9 unit planners with teaching sequences for Key Concepts
- Objectives aligned with GCSE: Aquire (AO1), Apply (AO2) and Analyse (AO3)
- Integration of scientific, maths and literacy skills and practical techniques
See how Blueprint works: watch or download the presentation, show it in a departmental meeting, or forward it to colleagues.
Get the complete collection by downloading Blueprint, it's free.
There are 9 units in the Year 7 programme. Here is an example of the unit planner for Interdependence. It sets out a learning pathway for the 3 Key Concepts of the unit: Feeding relationships, Competition and Abiotic and biotic factors. Get the complete collection by downloading Blueprint, it's free.