Blueprint Year 8 unit planners
Update: May 2019. New versions of the Year 8 unit planners are now published. They are free to download.
Blueprint is a free 5-year, big ideas plan which aligned with the new demands of GCSE science.
- It's better preparation for GCSE assessment objectives AO2 and AO3
- It joins KS3 and GCSE with a proper progression that removes repetition
- It helps you teach and practice thinking processes, enquiry and maths
- It's more engaging, with contexts and applications of science
Blueprint takes the form of:
- Structure of the 5-year plan (year 7-11)
- Organisation of 45 units in big idea strands
- Key concept sequence for physics, chemistry and biology
Year 8 unit planners with learning goals:
- 10 unit planners with teaching sequences for Key Concepts
- Objectives aligned with GCSE: Aquire (AO1), Apply (AO2) and Analyse (AO3)
- Integration of scientific, maths and literacy skills and practical techniques