Free Cells chapter from Mastery Knowledge Book
Get the Cells chapter from The Mastery Knowledge Book free.
The Mastery Knowledge Book is a ground-breaking year 7 textbook that's designed designed to help low and middle ability students master the concepts and skills and uses research-backed pedagogy. For any school using the Blueprint 5-year plan, the Mastery Knowledge Book covers all the key concepts and skills in year 7.
"Possibly the best KS3 science textbook around." Teacher, Oakfield Academy
"A resource that actually caters for the lower and middle ability students to support their progress." Teacher, Okehampton College.
"Sufficient challenge for higher ability students to work independently." Teacher, Thomas Lord Audley School.
The Mastery Knowledge Book:
1. Breaks each key concept into a logical progression of ideas
2. Reviews students' prior knowledge of essential ideas
3. Explains in enough depth to help students grasp the ideas
4. Surfaces and challenges likely misconceptions
5. Provides simple, visual models and concrete analogies
6. Teaches scientific enquiry and maths skills
7. Prepares students to apply knowledge with worked examples
8. Has 3 levels of 'check understanding' questions on each page
9. Has lots of mixed-up retrieval practice at the end of the chapter
10. Teaches students how to 'read-to-learn' from the book